Enterprise Support Network Engineers will resolve customer concerns regarding Cradlepoint Products and Services including, but not limited to: cellular connectivity, networking, and software services.
This position requires daily customer contact through inbound calls, chats, and e-mails to determine the exact nature of the customer's concerns and resolve them in an expedient manner. Engineers will
escalate and provide all necessary information to Senior Enterprise Support Engineers when applicable. Other daily tasks include, but not limited to: generation of solutions for our on-line
knowledge base, generation and facilitation of training for partners and users, and recommend enhancements to Cradlepoint products that would enhance the serviceability and operations of our
products. In addition to technical experience the Enterprise Support Network Engineer must have good communication, interpersonal, organizational, and presentation skills; as well as be self-
motivated and detail-oriented. The successful candidate will enjoy a competitive salary and generous benefits that include health and dental insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off, nine paid holidays, a
flexible work schedule and casual dress environment.
· Troubleshoot customer issues via the phone, chat, email and on occasion direct contact
· Create and maintain case management records using CRM
· Provide information to customers about Cradlepoint hardware and services
· Train end users and partners in the proper use of Cradlepoint hardware and services
· Technical writing (i.e. documenting solutions, writing technical articles, developing training materials, etc.)
· Stay up to date on the latest innovations and trends in all areas of information technology (IT) (i.e. Wireless, Security, etc.)
· Recommend enhancements to Cradlepoint Products and Services
· Additional duties as assigned
Required Skills Include:
· Layer 2 and 3 network topologies and interworking (i.e. BGP, OSPF, LLDP, VLAN, STP, etc.)
· Virtual Private Network and tunnel solutions (i.e. DMVPN, TLS, IPSEC, GRE, L2TP, etc.)
· Network Security (i.e. UTM, Firewalls, IDS/IPS, SBC, ACL, NAT)
· Understanding of Enterprise grade networking equipment (i.e. Cisco, Juniper, Fortinet, Palo Alto, etc.)
· Understanding of major Operating Systems, including but not limited to; Windows, Mac OS/X and Linux.
· Must enjoy working in a high pace environment with strong customer service skills.
· Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and presentation skills.
Desired Skills Include:
· Knowledge of Enterprise grade network software services (i.e. SNMP, DNS, AD, RADIUS, TACACS, PKI)
· Knowledge of Enterprise, Carrier or Public WiFi solutions (i.e. Meraki, Ruckus)
· Knowledge of GPS and AVL systems
· Cloud Based Network Management Solutions
· Network and/or Customer Experience Analytics
· At least 3 years of experience, or Associate level degree in a relevant field, or equivalent combination of experience, education, and relevant industry certifications. (Examples of relevant fields include but are not limited to: Network Administration, Network Engineering, I.T. Management, and Systems Administration)