At Cradlepoint quality is a key element of our brand. We take pride in hearing customers tell us “It just works!” Cradlepoint employs highly skilled and experienced individuals to work in our innovative, cutting-edge, and fast-paced Quality Assurance organization. We have opened a management position with a charter to lead the customer solution QA team in promoting quality across all teams and facets of Cradlepoint’s products.
Cradlepoint is seeking candidates for the position of QA Manager. This QA manager is expected to continuously improve the level of our automation framework, processes, and tools that enable our product teams to design, execute, measure, and report testing. The person in this role is expected to be a technically experienced leader in test automation product qualification and will have a proven track record of continuous execution and improvement.
Cradlepoint has a wide breadth of products that comprise our networking solutions. An ideal candidate will have strong networking knowledge as well as hands-on technical knowledge in test automation for functionality, performance, and reliability. We strive to qualify our solutions in an agile framework as rapidly as possible with automation running early-and-often, every step of the way.
The QA manager will take ownership of quality assurance for Cradlepoint’s test automation and customer solutions teams and propose, implement, and publish improvements in the following areas:
• Test automation framework
• Customer escalations coordination
• Work across organizational boundaries
• Driving a better customer understanding for both future and current customer needs into the QA organization
• Encourage investigation and implementation of innovative tools and techniques
• Find efficiencies in testing processes and techniques, without compromising any of the above criteria
• Continuously improve the team
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field
• Minimum 2 years leading or managing a Quality Assurance or development team
• Experience with enterprise solutions comprised of both hardware/firmware and SaaS elements
• Experience with complex system deployment for on-premise and SaaS based network solutions
• Experience successfully leading change
• Experience with different types of testing methodologies including automated testing;
• Experience with networking products, especially Hardware, Firmware and Software products within the networking space
• Experience with SaaS products, DevOps, CI/CD processes and rapid prototyping
• Familiarity with Cellular technology a plus
• Understanding of product development lifecycle with specific experience in using both Waterfall and Agile methodologies
• Demonstrated experience employing quality methodologies across disparate technologies