Cradlepoint is seeking an experienced RF engineer to help us continue our rapid growth and our enviable track record of creating devices “that just work.” You will work with a small, growing team of talented and experience hardware engineers developing state of the art router products that include Cellular, WiFi, GNSS, and Bluetooth radios requiring multiple antennas coexistent in a single housing. Cradlepoint is the industry leader in providing Cellular WAN solutions for IoT, Mobile and Enterprise customers that span LTE and 5G technologies. Cradlepoint was recently acquired by Ericsson but will continue to operate as a standalone company under the Cradlepoint brand. We currently have over 1,000,000 devices deployed with over 30,000 customers.
In this role, you will help define antenna requirements, select successful antennas, and work with ODMs and test houses to characterize antenna performance. You will define EMI requirements, confirm EMI performance, and occasionally help our ODMs find solutions to EMI problems. You will ascertain radio coexistence issues and prescribe mitigation solutions for coexistence problems that arise. You will define OTA and other pretesting requirements to gain confidence that our new products can pass certification and regulatory testing with industry-leading margin. You will review schematics to evaluate ODM designs of RF circuitry. You will be challenged to keep yourself informed on the latest Cellular, WiFi, GNSS, and Bluetooth developments including new technologies and operating frequencies. You will work with other non-hardware engineers (firmware, software, sales, etc.) in the company to answer questions that arise regarding RF performance.
• 5+ years of RF Engineering experience in an R&D environment
• Experience with antenna design and test
• Experience with EMI measurement, solutions, and test
• Experience with RF circuit design and test
• Experience with RF board layout and test
• Experience with RF test equipment
• Experience with mmWave a plus
• Good communications skills defining requirements, explaining requirements and conveying RF-related information to non-RF engineers and product managers
• Experience with Cellular and/or WiFi products
• BS degree in Electrical Engineering with emphasis on electromagnetics and/or microwave engineering required, master’s degree preferred
Cradlepoint is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, sexual orientation, handicap, disability, or any other protected class status pursuant to applicable law.